https://seekersguidance.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Muslim-Community-CREDIT-Shazron2.jpg 600 1200 Content Team https://seekersguidance.org/svg/Logo/SG_Logo_v23.svg Content Team2016-03-29 09:00:192020-08-15 15:20:30How Can Muslims Become More Effective Community Members?
How Can Muslims Become More Effective Community Members?
How can Muslims be effective community members? Is it possible to step outside the framework and associated pitfalls of identity politics? How can Muslims be more grounded in communities where they live? These are some of the questions Dr. Ingrid Mattson asks and then answers by providing an alternative framework with five key areas that Muslims can focus on to be purposeful contributors in their localities.
Our thanks to the Islamic Society of North America (Canada) for this recording.
Resources on Muslims as Effective Community Members
- Sunnahs for a Healthy Community
- VIDEO: Activism & Social Change – Prophetic Principles for Transformative Community Service
- “Work for God and not for your stomachs” – meeting the Pope
- Muslim community at a crossroads with a leadership vacuum
- Race To The Top – Imam Zaid Shakir
- Friendship With Non-Muslims: Explaining Verse 5:51
Cover photo by Shazron.