https://seekersguidance.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/4744175365_a7cd02f34c_b.jpg 768 1024 Content Team https://seekersguidance.org/svg/Logo/SG_Logo_v23.svg Content Team2016-04-03 21:01:512020-08-15 14:54:18Why the Lahore Bombings Show that Ignorance is Folly
Why the Lahore Bombings Show that Ignorance is Folly
A proverb reads, “Where ignorance is bliss, ’tis folly to be wise.” In the wake of the Lahore bombings, Imam Zaid Shakir argues the opposite; that an age of rampart confusion, this ignorance can become the cause of religious extremism.
We are grateful to the Islamic Centre of Irvine for this recording. Cover photo by Shawn Carpenter.
Resources for Seekers
- Knowing the Prophet ﷺ is the Best Antidote to Extremism
- Never an Empty Shell: The Purpose of Guidance
- Can Muslims Stop The Rise of Extremism?
- Help Us End Extremism and “Ugly Islam” – An appeal by Brother Anton
- Paris Attacks: Response and Responsibility
- Afraid to get groceries? On being a woman in turbulent times
- “Be Unapologetically Muslim No Matter What”
- Finding Safety and Solace in the Sunnah
- ISIS: More About Meaningless, Disfunctional Lives Than Jihad
- “Our hearts are with all who are suffering in California”
- What Is the Meaning of the Hadith “Ruined Are the Extremists”?
- ISIS, Sex Slaves and Islam – reflections from Imam Zaid Shakir
- Helping our children find the light in dark times
- The threat to religious guidance
- “Peace is always in the middle, never at the extremes”
- Fatwa Against Terrorism and the Targeting Of Civilians
- Khawarij Ideology, ISIS Savagery
- Humanity before Religiosity
- On War & Beheading: How ISIS Manipulates Hadiths
- This is not the path to paradise, advice from Shaykh Abdullah bin Bayyah
- Injustice Cannot Defeat Injustice
- On the mass murder of Coptic Christians by ISIS
- Islam vs. ISIS: A Letter to Baghdadi from Leading Scholars
- Clarity in Crisis: How Believers Look at Trials and How they Respond, Guided by Prophetic Light
- Striking Necks: It Must Be the Kharijites!
- Anger, Restraint, Wisdom and the Prophetic Message in Our Times
- Explaining the Chapel Hill shooting to children
- Six Reasons Why the Fort Hood Killings by Nidal Hasan Are Clearly Impermissible (Haram) in Islamic Law