Very few converts accept Islam straight away. The rest go through a spiritual turbulence as they come to terms with the big decision that lies ahead. If that describes you, then you’ll be comforted to know that you’re not alone.
Watch this short interview with Ala, a Muslim convert, in which she talks about her journey to embracing Islam and how embracing Islam brought happiness to her life. She’s from Ukraine and embraced Islam when she was 28.
Self-development begins where your comfort zone ends. And true self-development begins by embracing truth when it comes your way. We hope that this convert to Islam has inspired you to push forward in your journey, even if it’s just an inch.
If you have concerns or confusions that are keeping you back from converting to Islam, email Overcome TV or send a YouTube message.
Resources for seekers
- Who is looking out for Muslim converts this Ramadan?
- How Do I Enter Islam? I Want to Become Muslim
- I Became Muslim and Am Now Lonely and Depressed. What Can I Do?
- Is Christmas Haram? Being Muslim in a Non-Muslim Family
- Is it Necessary to Change One’s Name after Becoming Muslim?
- Can husband ban my children and I from relations with non-Muslim family?
- Can I Accept to Marry Someone Who Is on the Verge of Becoming Muslim?
- Impoverished Muslim Converts in Chiapas Need Help
- Should Muslim Converts Break Ties With Non-Muslim Family?
- Marrying a Convert Man Who is Drifting Away from Islam
- A Convert Dealing with Non-Muslim Parents
- “Born Muslims Are Stuck – Why Would You Intentionally Convert To Islam?”
- New Converts, Making Up Missed Prayers, and Praying Confirmed Sunnahs
- Marriage to a Non-Practicing Convert and Betraying My Father’s Trust
- I Am a Convert to Islam and My Fellow Muslims Do Not Return My Salaams
- Should I Convert to Islam to Please My Boyfriend’s Family?
- How Can A Convert Follow A School Of Thought Correctly?
- Can I Marry a Non-Muslim Man Who Loves Me Deeply?
- How To Overcome the Hardships of Getting Married as a Hidden Convert
- Choosing Between a Sincere New Muslim and a Firmly Established Muslim
- Marrying a Potential Convert: Supplication, the Prayer of Guidance
- What is the Best Approach to Take in Convert Marriage Issues?
- Convert Muslim: Is My Prayer Valid?
- How to Deal With a Non-Muslim Relative’s Death?
- Marrying a Convert Without Parental Approval
- Can a Muslim Woman Marry a Non-Muslim Man if Their Children Are Raised Muslim?
- Is Circumcision Required Before a Man Becomes Muslim?
- Did the Prophet and the Sahaba Advocate Forcing People to Become Muslim?
- Does a Convert Have to Make-Up Past Prayers?
- A Convert Sister Left an Abusive Relationship and Has Had False Rumours Spread About Her. What Can I Do to Help?
- Dealing With Non-Muslim In-laws Who Dislike Muslims