Answered by Shaykh Gibril F Haddad
Question: Are there any prayers for driving away Jinn?
Answer: In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful
Wa `alaykum as-Salam,
Imam al-Nawawi in al-Adhkar mentioned that Ibn al-Sunni narrated that a man came to the Prophet, upon him blessings and peace and said that his brother suffered from a kind of jinn possession. The Prophet told him to bring him to him then recited upon him the following:
– Sura al-Fatiha
– The first four verses of al-Baqara
– two verses from the middle (163-64)
– Ayat al-Kursi
– the last three verses of al-Baqara
– The first verse of Al `Imran
– Verse 18 of Al `Imran
– Verse 54 of al-A`raf
– Verse 116 of al-Mu’minun
– Verse 3 of al-Jinn
– The first 10 verses of al-Saaffaat
– The last 3 verses of al-Hashr
– The last three Suras of the Qur’an.
As for the letter supposedly dictated by the Prophet, upon him blessings and peace, to our liege-lord `Ali for the protection of Abu Dujana, known as the hirz of Abu Dujana: it is a forgery according to Ibn al-Jawzi in the Mawdu`at, al-Dhahabi in Mizan al-I`tidal, Ibn Hajar in the Isaba, and al-Suyuti in al-La’ali’ al-Masnu`a, and Allah knows best.