How Can I Deal With Living With My Brother's Drug Problem?

Answered by Ustadh Amjad Tarsin

Question: Assalam alaykum

In the last 7 years I’ve drifted very far from Islam. I want to get back to the religion and live a life where I obey Allah and seek his pleasure and fear Him. When I speak to my parents I speak very harshly, and I have indulged in parties drinking. I don’t know where to begin.

What can I do?

Any advice on the matter would be appreciated thank you

Answer: Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Here is a video answer to your question by Ustadh Amjad Tarsin:

Checked and Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Ustadh Amjad Tarsin was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan and spent his early childhood there. He has also lived in Malaysia and Saudi Arabia, growing up within diverse cultures. He obtained his Bachelors of Arts at the University of Michigan in English Literature and Islamic Studies.
After spending a transformative year studying Islam abroad at Dar al-Mustafa, Yemen, Ustadh Amjad returned to America to start his studies at University of Michigan Law School. Yearning to fulfill his calling to community building, spiritual development, and service, Ustadh Amjad changed career paths and enrolled in Hartford Seminary’s Islamic Chaplaincy program. In 2012 he was selected as University of Toronto’s first full-time Muslim Chaplain.

Please share this with your family and friends:

"Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a similar reward"-- The Prophet (Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him)