Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam

Question: I have heard that the other revealed books (i.e. Injeel or Zabur) were revealed in the blessed month of Ramadan. Is this a true statement?

Answer: Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I pray you are well, insha’Allah.

Yes, there are some weak reports, as noted by Imam Badr al-Din al-`Ayni in his commentary on Sahih al-Bukhari, `Umdat al-Qari, that the other books, such as the Gospel (Injil), Psalms (Zabur) and Torah (Taurat), were revealed in the blessed month of Ramadan.

Imam Ahmad also narrates a hadith in his Musnad which also indicates that the Gospel (Injil) and the Torah (Taurat) were revealed in the month of Ramadan. However, Shaykh Shu`ayb Arna`ut, the verifier, notes that it, too, is a weak narration.

As a scholar once said, ‘This is all I have, and that which others have may well be much better’.

And Allah knows best.

Wassalaam,

Tabraze Azam

Checked & Approved by Faraz Rabbani

Please share this with your family and friends:

"Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a similar reward"-- The Prophet (Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him)