Answered by Shaykh Jamir Meah
Question: Assalam alaykum
My family is known to do black magic and evil eye. They recently took photos of me and have these copies on their phones. I am scared and worried.
What can be done to be protected?
Answer: Wa alaykum assalam,
Thank you for your question.
If you feel like you can ask the family members to delete your photos without causing problems, then do so.
If not, then ensure that you keep yourself protected by doing the following:
1. Observing your obligatory prayers on time.
2. Recite the the 3 “Quls” (al-Ikhlas, al-Falaq, and al-Nas) every morning and every night, ideally 3 times.
3. Recite Ayat al-Kursi every morning and night.
4. Recite the following supplication in the morning and evening, ideally after each prayer if you feel the need:
أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللَّهِ التَّامَّةِ مِنْ كُلِّ شَيْطَانٍ وَهَامَّةٍ وَمِنْ كُلِّ عَيْنٍ لَامَّةٍ
I seek refuge in Allah most perfect words from every devil, harmful thing, and accusing eye. (Bukhari])
5. Keep your tongue moist with the remembrance of Allah as much as possible.
You may also find the following answer useful:
May Allah protect you at all times.
[Shaykh] Jamir Meah
Shaykh Jamir Meah grew up in Hampstead, London. In 2007, he traveled to Tarim, Yemen, where he spent nine years studying the Islamic sciences on a one-to-one basis under the foremost scholars of the Ribaat, Tarim, with a main specialization and focus on Shafi’i fiqh. In early 2016, he moved to Amman, Jordan, where he continues advanced studies in a range of Islamic sciences, as well as teaching. Jamir is a qualified homeopath.