How Can I Save my Marriage?

Answered by Ustadh Tabraze Azam

Question: Salam,

After two years of marriage my wife, who is living abroad, said to me that she’s not in love with me. What should I do to save this marriage? I think she wants to divorce.

Answer: Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

I pray that you are in the best of health and faith, insha’Allah.

Pray the Prayer of Need (salat al-hajah), ask Allah to facilitate your need, and consider discussing the matter and its specifics with a local scholar or counsellor.

See: How Does One Perform The Prayer Of Need (salat al-haja)? and: Struggling to Have Children: Ten Key Etiquettes of Du’a

Consider taking: Islamic Marriage: Guidance for Successful Marriage and Married Life

And Allah alone gives success.


Tabraze Azam

Checked & Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani