Answered by Mawlana Ilyas Patel
I have the following questions:
- Is watching the “I’m the Best Muslim” cartoon series sinful if they display cartoon violence, cartoon blood, and bad manners to teach the correct way to do things?
- I asked my sister to help me wear knee pads but stood there for a second trying to remember the knee was awra, then I did and told her to get off without pushing her away, then I zoned out for a few more seconds trying to determine if that was sinful, then pushed her off. Was the delay sinful?
- If unsure if something is a sin, should I pray the Prayer of Repentance or seek forgiveness and dua for forgiveness after prayer? How do I stop this from happening regularly, as I’m trying to stop sins to be a better Muslim? Thank you
In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful and Compassionate.
I pray you are in good faith and health. Thank you for your question.
I would not recommend watching the “I’m the Best Muslim” cartoon series. It shows a lot of poor manners and silly violence.
It was a genuine mistake to show her your nakedness of the knee. You will not be sinful. However, apologize for pushing her away.
It is a good habit to end the day by performing two Rakat Prayer for Repentance (Salat al-Tawba). Continue with this good habit, so if you ever fall into sin, you have a good habit of repenting end of the day. Also, incorporate the seeking of forgiveness in your life along with all the other remembrances. Please see the link below.
This is why when people came to Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) for advice, he gave them this beautiful counsel: Abdullah ibn Busr (Allah be pleased with him) reported that a man said, “O Messenger of Allah, the laws of Islam are too many for me, so tell me something I can hold onto.” The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Keep your tongue moist with the remembrance of Allah.” [Tirmidhi]
- What Is From the Awra (Nakedness) of a Young Child?
- Ten Steps to Allah. Step 7: Remembrance.
- A Reader on Tawba (Repentance)
- Purification of the Heart for Youth: Diseases of the Heart and Their Cure. [Video]
- The Path of Muhammad: Birgivi’s Manual of Taqwa Explained. [Lecture Series]
- Purification of the Heart: Signs, Symptoms, and Cures of the Spiritual Diseases of the Heart by Hamza Yusuf.
- Istikhara, The Prayer of Seeking Guidance: The Ultimate Guide – A Reader.
- How Does One Perform The Prayer Of Need (Salat al-Haja)?
Why not begin your search for knowledge by signing up for a course from Islamic Studies Curriculum?
I pray this helps with your question.
[Mawlana] Ilyas Patel
Checked and Approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
Mawlana Ilyas Patel is a traditionally-trained scholar who has studied in the UK, India, Pakistan, Syria, Jordan, and Turkey. He started his early education in the UK. He went on to complete the hifz of the Quran in India, then enrolled in an Islamic seminary in the UK, where he studied the secular and ‘Aalimiyya sciences. He then traveled to Karachi, Pakistan. He has been an Imam in Rep of Ireland for several years. He has taught hifz of the Quran, Tajwid, Fiqh, and many other Islamic sciences to children and adults onsite and online extensively in the UK and Ireland. He taught at a local Islamic seminary for 12 years in the UK, where he was a librarian and a teacher of Islamic sciences. He currently resides in the UK with his wife. His interest is a love of books and gardening.