Answered by Shaykh Yusuf Weltch
Question: Assalamu alaykum
1. Could you suggest a good book that would guide us in day to day acts and issues in the Hanafi Fiqh?
2. Could you suggest some books on how to raise children which helps us give them a solid foundation in Deen and dunya? And maybe a guide to marriage as well.
3. There are time I release semen (Mani) during urination. Do I have to perform Ghusl for that? It so happens if I don’t have a night fall, this condition keeps on recurring and I may have to do Ghusl many a times during the day for many days?
Answer: In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful and Compassionate
(1) I would recommend as a basic primer of Hanafi fiqh – Ascent to Felicity – translated by Shaykh Faraz Khan. It is a detailed but not overwhelming text covering the basics on the rulings of worship.
(2) Educating Children: Classical Advice for Modern Times by Imam Muhammad bin Ahmed al-Ramli
(3) Initiating and Upholding an Islamic Marriage by Hedaya Hartford
Releasing Semen During Urintation
It is not obligatory for you to perform a ritual bath (ghusl) if semen comes out when urinating. It is a condition that the semen come out with desire. The only exception to this is if one wakes up from sleep and finds a wetness on their clothes or body. This also necessitates ghusl. [Shurunbulali, Maraqi al -Falah]
Hope this helps
And Allah knows best
[Shaykh] Yusuf Weltch
Shaykh Yusuf Weltch is a graduate from Tarim; student of Habib Umar and other luminaries; and authorized teachers of Qur’an and the Islamic sciences.