Answered by Ustadh Salman Younas

Question: Assalam aleykum

On the first day of Ramadan I thought Fajr was at 3.20. In reality it was around 3.00. I’ve only realised this about 5 days later.

Now I don’t know for a fact if I ever drank water at the wrong time after Fajr.

Are these fasts valid?

Answer: assalamu alaykum

Your fasts are valid and the doubt you have regarding eating or drinking after the time should be ignored. Of course, you should take care in the future to ensure that you know exactly when the time of Fajr comes in so such confusion does not arise.

[Ustadh] Salman Younas

Checked and approved by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani

Ustadh Salman Younas graduated from Stony Brook University with a degree in Political Science and Religious Studies. After studying the Islamic sciences online and with local scholars in New York, Ustadh Salman moved to Amman. There he studies Islamic law, legal methodology, belief, hadith methodology, logic, Arabic, and tafsir.

Please share this with your family and friends:

"Whoever guides someone to goodness will have a similar reward"-- The Prophet (Peace and Blessings Be Upon Him)