Answered by Mawlana Ilyas Patel
What is Your Advice After Both Fiancé and Fiancée Committed Wrongdoing Before Marriage But Sincerely Repented And Want to Marry Each Other?
As you have mentioned, you have both sincerely repented, and he has also repented for sinning with another. You both seem to have renewed your commitment and want to be a committed couple.
I suggest sitting down again, renewing your commitment, and putting your past aside. Both of you pray to Allah Most High, seeking goodness and guidance in your marriage by performing two rakats Prayer of guidance and goodness. This prayer is what it is for to put and place goodness in any action, and there is no better thing than a marriage, in shaAllah.
Marriage is Best for Those Who Love Each Other
I pray to Allah Most High to bless your marriage, and may it be a means for ever-growing love, compromise, and harmony between the families and having righteous and healthy children, amin.
- Love, Marriage and Relationships in Islam: All Your Questions Answered (seekersguidance.org)
- Etiquette of Marriage: A Comprehensive SeekersGuidance Reader
- What Makes A Marriage Work – Shaykh Hamza Yusuf – SeekersGuidance
- Keys to Successful Muslim Marriages: Practical lessons that explain the Prophetic Spirit of Marriage
- Making Love Last: Prophetic Principles for a Successful Marriage
- Marriage in Islam: Practical Guidance for Successful Marriage
- The Path of Muhammad: Birgivi’s Manual of Taqwa Explained – YouTube
- Istikhara, The Prayer of Seeking Guidance: The Ultimate Guide – A Reader – SeekersGuidance
- Prayer of Repentance: Salat al-Tawba – SeekersGuidance
Mawlana Ilyas Patel is a traditionally-trained scholar who has studied in the UK, India, Pakistan, Syria, Jordan, and Turkey. He started his early education in the UK. He went on to complete the hifz of the Quran in India, then enrolled in an Islamic seminary in the UK, where he studied the secular and ‘Aalimiyya sciences. He then traveled to Karachi, Pakistan. He has been an Imam in Rep of Ireland for several years. He has taught hifz of the Quran, Tajwid, Fiqh, and many other Islamic sciences to children and adults onsite and online extensively in the UK and Ireland. He taught at a local Islamic seminary for 12 years in the UK, where he was a librarian and a teacher of Islamic sciences. He currently resides in the UK with his wife. His interest is a love of books and gardening.